Please find our June 2014 edition here.
The PROVIDE team invites all VET professionals to take part in our online survey. With the survey the PROVIDE team intends to get an insight into the work and learning context of VET-professionals and into the competences that are needed to adapt to changing conditions and requirements.
By responding you will have the chance – if you want – to participate in the European training course that will be organised in early 2015.
The online survey can be accessed here.
During the second transnational meeting in Bordeaux, France, the French partner Aquitaine Cap Métiers organised a dissemination event that gathered representatives of stakeholders in the VET sector. Continue reading Dissemination Event in Bordeaux
The PROVIDE partners met for a two-day meeting in rainy Bordeaux, France. The main aim was to discuss and fix the next steps. These are: Continue reading 2nd Partner meeting in Bordeaux, France
Please find our March 2014 edition here.
On the basis of the 19 key competences defined by the KCAE-study a comprehensive professional development scheme will be transferred and piloted in VET institutions in the participating countries.
On the operative level, the project aims to
- adapt the LEVEL5 system – a thoroughly developed and tested methodology for assessing and validating informal learning outcomes, to the specific needs of different forms of informal learning at the workplace of educational professionals;
- further elaborate this methodology into a competence based learning approach for promoting the acquisition of key competences for educators;
- test the PROVIDE approach in different learning contexts;
- develop and pilot a training and support system for the CPD of educational professionals;
- promote the PROVIDE approach among enterprises, AE and VET institutions and educational and political decision-makers;
- create interfaces to certification systems (e.g. EUROPASS).
PROVIDE makes use of the LEVEL5 system which is specifically designed to assess personal, social and organisational competence developments in rather non- and informal learning settings.
It is based on a 3-dimensional approach to validate
- Activity related
learning outcomes – the LEVEL5 cube.
PROVIDE is part of REVEAL, the Research and Evaluation Group for Validating, Evaluating and Assessing Informal and Non-formal Learning represented in 20 European member states.
REVEAL owns LEVEL5 validation system.
Through the foundation of the REVEAL group it is intended to set up a stable European wide structure for support of learners and learning facilitators – be it teachers, trainers, helpers, counsellors, accompanying persons, assessors, evaluators etc.
In this connection the REVEAL group is establishing a growing European wide community of experts providing help and guidance for stakeholders in the field (e.g. citizens’ communities, grass-root projects but also providers of extracurricular activities etc.).
The PROVIDE project team met for the two-day kick-off meeting in Göttingen, Germany. The overall aim of the meeting was to create a common understanding on the project and to plan the project activities. The project is quite complex since it is based on two innovative approaches that shall be transferred into continuing professional development of educational professionals in vocational education and training (VET). Continue reading Kick-off meeting in Göttingen