During the VI Scientific -Practical Conference “Systemic Theoretical Dimensions of Vocational Training Changes” organised on 26./27.11.15 in Kaunas by the Vytautas Magnus University, the vocational training centre Karalius Mindaugas and the St. Ignatius Loyola College, the representative of PLATO in PROVIDE, Dr. Jaap van Lakerfeld, gave a keynote on “Valid and Validated Vocational Education and Learning” and highlighted the PROVIDE approach for enhancing and validating competences in the VET sector as an answer to the challenges that educationlists have to face in order to update their competences.
Life is beautiful – this was the motto of the second European VITA award launched in the framework of the PROVIDE project. The European Award looked for innovative projects and activities in all educational fields that promote the development of social, personal and organisational competences in an innovative way and include practical cases or at least ideas on how learning outcomes and competence developments can be assessed and evidenced also beyond the walls of formal education. Continue reading And the award goes to …
The PROVIDE team looks forward to learning about your projects and initiatives that already tackle the theme of competence based learning and validation or for ideas on how they could cope with it in future. Please find all details here.
European Award for innovative practice and initiatives on validating competences in informal and non-formal learning in Europe
The PROVIDE team will launch the award in a few days and will ask you to present your learning projects that already tackle the theme of competence oriented learning and validation or your ideas on how to cope with it in the future.
All together 40 people met in Alden Biesen, Belgium for the first PROVIDE course on competence based learning. Resisting to cold wind and rain the get together linked all people in a red net.
The PROVIDE team invites you to a professional development course. In two consecutive training courses we intend to train a small number of energetic and experienced teachers/trainers. We invite you to be part of that team! Continue reading European course on competence oriented learning and validation
On the basis of the 19 key competences defined by the KCAE-study a comprehensive professional development scheme will be transferred and piloted in VET institutions in the participating countries.
On the operative level, the project aims to
- adapt the LEVEL5 system – a thoroughly developed and tested methodology for assessing and validating informal learning outcomes, to the specific needs of different forms of informal learning at the workplace of educational professionals;
- further elaborate this methodology into a competence based learning approach for promoting the acquisition of key competences for educators;
- test the PROVIDE approach in different learning contexts;
- develop and pilot a training and support system for the CPD of educational professionals;
- promote the PROVIDE approach among enterprises, AE and VET institutions and educational and political decision-makers;
- create interfaces to certification systems (e.g. EUROPASS).
PROVIDE makes use of the LEVEL5 system which is specifically designed to assess personal, social and organisational competence developments in rather non- and informal learning settings.
It is based on a 3-dimensional approach to validate
- Activity related
learning outcomes – the LEVEL5 cube.