On the basis of the 19 key competences defined by the KCAE-study a comprehensive professional development scheme will be transferred and piloted in VET institutions in the participating countries.
On the operative level, the project aims to
- adapt the LEVEL5 system – a thoroughly developed and tested methodology for assessing and validating informal learning outcomes, to the specific needs of different forms of informal learning at the workplace of educational professionals;
- further elaborate this methodology into a competence based learning approach for promoting the acquisition of key competences for educators;
- test the PROVIDE approach in different learning contexts;
- develop and pilot a training and support system for the CPD of educational professionals;
- promote the PROVIDE approach among enterprises, AE and VET institutions and educational and political decision-makers;
- create interfaces to certification systems (e.g. EUROPASS).
PROVIDE makes use of the LEVEL5 system which is specifically designed to assess personal, social and organisational competence developments in rather non- and informal learning settings.
It is based on a 3-dimensional approach to validate
- Activity related
learning outcomes – the LEVEL5 cube.
PROVIDE is part of REVEAL, the Research and Evaluation Group for Validating, Evaluating and Assessing Informal and Non-formal Learning represented in 20 European member states.
REVEAL owns LEVEL5 validation system.
Through the foundation of the REVEAL group it is intended to set up a stable European wide structure for support of learners and learning facilitators – be it teachers, trainers, helpers, counsellors, accompanying persons, assessors, evaluators etc.
In this connection the REVEAL group is establishing a growing European wide community of experts providing help and guidance for stakeholders in the field (e.g. citizens’ communities, grass-root projects but also providers of extracurricular activities etc.).