Competence based learning and validation in innovative
informal and non-formal learning projects
On September 17th and 18th the final conference of the PROVIDE project took place in Mechelen, Belgium. The 70 experts from 15 EU member states discussed about validation of learning outcomes and innovative informal and non-formal learning projects.
Find the conference proceedings and a slideshow here.
Competence based learning and validation of learning outcomes innovative informal and non-formal learning projects
This is the topic of the final conference organised by the PROVIDE team.
The conference takes place in Mechelen, Belgium.
Start: 17.09.2015 at 12:00 h
End: 18.09.2015 at 12:00 h
Please find the draft agenda here.
Please register now.
We can cover travel and accomodation costs for a limited number of European guests.
Please contact the project office at: swiemann @ bupnet.de
The PROVIDE team looks forward to learning about your projects and initiatives that already tackle the theme of competence based learning and validation or for ideas on how they could cope with it in future. Please find all details here.
European Award for innovative practice and initiatives on validating competences in informal and non-formal learning in Europe
The PROVIDE team will launch the award in a few days and will ask you to present your learning projects that already tackle the theme of competence oriented learning and validation or your ideas on how to cope with it in the future.
On the basis of the 19 key competences defined by the KCAE-study a comprehensive professional development scheme will be transferred and piloted in VET institutions in the participating countries.
On the operative level, the project aims to
- adapt the LEVEL5 system – a thoroughly developed and tested methodology for assessing and validating informal learning outcomes, to the specific needs of different forms of informal learning at the workplace of educational professionals;
- further elaborate this methodology into a competence based learning approach for promoting the acquisition of key competences for educators;
- test the PROVIDE approach in different learning contexts;
- develop and pilot a training and support system for the CPD of educational professionals;
- promote the PROVIDE approach among enterprises, AE and VET institutions and educational and political decision-makers;
- create interfaces to certification systems (e.g. EUROPASS).
PROVIDE makes use of the LEVEL5 system which is specifically designed to assess personal, social and organisational competence developments in rather non- and informal learning settings.
It is based on a 3-dimensional approach to validate
- Activity related
learning outcomes – the LEVEL5 cube.