” I have very rarely attended a conference before, where most of the participants come with innovative projects -outside of the box projects, very well connected to specific needs and their target grous, and todays global realities. Additionally, most of the projects had an unusual freshness, as well as an unusual commitment and passion.” Continue reading Final conference – O-tones
On September 17th and 18th the final conference of the PROVIDE project took place in Mechelen, Belgium. The 70 experts from 15 EU member states discussed about validation of learning outcomes and innovative informal and non-formal learning projects.
Find the conference proceedings and a slideshow here.
On the basis of the 19 key competences defined by the KCAE-study a comprehensive professional development scheme will be transferred and piloted in VET institutions in the participating countries.
On the operative level, the project aims to
- adapt the LEVEL5 system – a thoroughly developed and tested methodology for assessing and validating informal learning outcomes, to the specific needs of different forms of informal learning at the workplace of educational professionals;
- further elaborate this methodology into a competence based learning approach for promoting the acquisition of key competences for educators;
- test the PROVIDE approach in different learning contexts;
- develop and pilot a training and support system for the CPD of educational professionals;
- promote the PROVIDE approach among enterprises, AE and VET institutions and educational and political decision-makers;
- create interfaces to certification systems (e.g. EUROPASS).
PROVIDE makes use of the LEVEL5 system which is specifically designed to assess personal, social and organisational competence developments in rather non- and informal learning settings.
It is based on a 3-dimensional approach to validate
- Activity related
learning outcomes – the LEVEL5 cube.
PROVIDE is part of REVEAL, the Research and Evaluation Group for Validating, Evaluating and Assessing Informal and Non-formal Learning represented in 20 European member states.
REVEAL owns LEVEL5 validation system.
Through the foundation of the REVEAL group it is intended to set up a stable European wide structure for support of learners and learning facilitators – be it teachers, trainers, helpers, counsellors, accompanying persons, assessors, evaluators etc.
In this connection the REVEAL group is establishing a growing European wide community of experts providing help and guidance for stakeholders in the field (e.g. citizens’ communities, grass-root projects but also providers of extracurricular activities etc.).